View the PDF version of the job posting here: DFF Coordinator Job Description 2023.
Position: Durham Farm Fresh Marketing Association Program Coordinator
Application Deadline: February 8, 2023
12-month contract with potential for extension. Average 8-10 hours weekly
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume to email@example.com
About the Role
The coordinator is critical to the success of our organization and the fulfillment of our mandate. There are three main focus areas in the role:
- Plan, execute, and evaluate the key marketing functions of DFF including the annual brochure, the regional road sign program, radio ad campaigns, all social media, website, and Gates Open, our annual consumer outreach event.
- Work with existing members to collect dues, communicate key dates and deadlines for marketing initiatives, and ensure they have all available marketing materials. The coordinator will also make prospective members aware of these details and provide a clear pathway to becoming a member of DFF.
- Plan and deliver educational, networking, and social opportunities for members such as workshops, members’ socials, and meetings.
As Coordinator for DFF, you will work with and report to the Board of Directors and attend all board and committee meetings to provide updates on current activities and guide discussions. The coordinator will also meet regularly with the chair to prioritize tasks and provide weekly updates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collection and management of member information and annual fees
- New member recruitment, through cold calling and providing information
- Managing content on our website durhamfarmfresh.ca and social media channels
- Monitoring emails, taking phone calls, responding to member/consumer inquiries, etc.
- Coordinating marketing campaigns – print, radio, social
- Organizing educational workshops and networking opportunities for members
- Researching, identifying and applying to available funding opportunities to leverage our annual budget
- Working with other stakeholders, including the Region of Durham, Regional Tourism Organizations, to ensure open communication and collaboration
- Helping to recruit volunteers for events and board positions
- Other duties assigned by the board of directors to fulfill our mandate and strategic goals
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High level of integrity and the ability work unsupervised and independently
- Experience in marketing and promotions
- Strong administrative and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work with a board of directors and industry professionals
- Knowledge of agriculture and the local food industry is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure, problem solve, make decisions, and prioritize and organize workload is essential
- Ability to think creatively with a vision for the future and a desire for continuous improvement
- The hourly wage will be negotiated during the hiring process and will be commensurate with experience and skill level
- The successful candidate will be under contact and not considered an employee of DFF
- A typical work week will require 8-10 hours, however, the seasonality of the industry results in an irregular work schedule throughout the year.
About Durham Farm Fresh
The Durham Farm Fresh Marketing Association (DFF) is a not-for-profit membership organization representing farms, farmers’ markets, retailers, chefs and restaurants located within Durham Region. Established in 1993, our goal is to help local producers, and others committed to local food, market their products to our community. Our mandate as an association is “to improve the awareness and economics of agriculture in Durham Region by fostering more effective direct marketing via education of members, information gathering and product promotion.”
We thank all applicants, however, please be advised that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.