Program Coordinator (Durham Farm Fresh / Durham Farm Connections)
Position: This collaborative position will support both Durham Farm Connections (DFC) and Durham Farm Fresh Marketing Association (DFF) in achieving their broad goals to enhance knowledge about and the viability of the agri-food sector in Durham Region. The successful candidate will communicate effectively with consumers, members, volunteers, and stakeholders to ensure cohesive program delivery and sustainability of both organizations in the long-term.
Hours: Part-time, average 20 hours weekly with flexible hours
Duration: 2.5-year contract from September 1, 2023 to March 31, 2026 (with potential for extension)
Location: Remote, occasional events and meetings
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High level of integrity and the ability to work remotely, unsupervised, independently, take initiative and have a collaborative approach to learning and working
- Experience in marketing, promotions, planning, coordinating projects and/or events
- Strong administrative and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Experience working with volunteer boards, not for profit organizations and industry professionals
- Strong consensus building skills with the ability to develop and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships that benefit the organizations
- Ability to fundraise and complete grant applications
- Knowledge of agriculture and the local food industry is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure, problem solve, make decisions, and prioritize and organize workload is essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, as well as applications related to graphic design, website updates, digital newsletter design, photography editing, social media, virtual meeting and cloud/online.
- Ability to be available after regular business hours for meetings when required
- Possess a Valid “G” Driver’s Licence for the Province of Ontario and have access to a reliable vehicle
Related Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the DFF Board and DFC Committees with an ability to think creatively and be a champion for agriculture in Durham Region
- On occasion, attend and present at meetings of members, agricultural stakeholder groups, community organizations and partners
- Utilize Strategic Plans to guide vision and plan for continuous improvement
- Compile, update and maintain a current database for members, volunteers and resources
- Collection and management of member information (DFF annual fees)
- Monitoring emails, taking phone calls, responding to member/consumer inquiries, etc.
- Managing content on both organizations’ websites and social media channels
- Coordinating marketing campaigns – print, radio, social
- Organizing educational workshops and networking opportunities for members and volunteers
- Researching, identifying, and applying to available funding opportunities to leverage our annual budget
- Working with members, volunteers, and other stakeholders, including the Region of Durham, Regional Tourism Organizations, to ensure, ongoing communication and collaboration
- Ongoing recruitment and retention of new members and volunteers
- Other duties assigned by the board of directors to fulfill our mandate and strategic goals
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on July 25, 2023.
We thank all applicants, however, please be advised that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.