View the PDF version of the job posting here: Summer student job posting.
Durham Farm Fresh Marketing Association 2021 Summer Employment
Employer: Durham Farm Fresh Marketing Association (DFFMA): www.durhamfarmfresh.ca
Position: Marketing Assistant
Term of Work: Start date: Immediate
20 hours per week for 16 weeks
Hourly Rate: $17.00/Hour
Tasks and Responsibilities:
As the Marketing Assistant, you will focus on increasing value to our members and promoting member engagement.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting in the development and scheduling of communications – social media posts, press releases, newsletters, advertisements, etc.
- Research and plan education and training opportunities ie. Webinars, workshops
- Provide marketing support to members through social media/online presence audits, complete with recommendations to increase marketing outreach and engagement
- Create and implement an effective, targeted member recruitment strategy to attract new members to DFFMA
- Research and develop new initiatives that comply with COVID 19 protocols and procedures that may benefit DFFMA and its members
- Enhancing the DFFMA website with current and pertinent educational material – durhamfarmfresh.ca
- Develop a social media calendar of events and appropriate content.
- Must be mature, responsible, creative, enthusiastic, excellent time management, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer & graphic design skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as video chat platforms and file transfer apps.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing & educational content
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Agricultural knowledge and awareness of opportunities and challenges an asset
- Must be 15- 30 years old
- Preferred if enrolled full-time in high school, college or university or a recent graduate
- Experience and/or enrolment in one of the following programs will be an asset: Graphic design, Agriculture and Food, Education, Marketing, Media, Communications, and/or Event Management.
- Successful candidates require a valid Ontario driver’s license and vehicle as occasional site visits may be necessary
- Due to COVID 19 protocols and procedures, access to a home office will be required
- Access to high-speed internet, personal computer, phone as asset
Please apply with resume and covering letter describing your experience and qualifications to:
Tracey Werry, Program Coordinator, Durham Farm Fresh Marketing Association, email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, please be advised that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Of critical importance is the health and safety of staff and volunteers. Due to COVID 19, application screening and remote interviewing may be conducted.