Gates Open Farms
Gates Open: Find Your Flavour Farms
Visit one or visit them all!
614 Sandford Rd, Uxbridge
416-435-3886 * banjocider.ca
- See a cider press in action (pending apple harvest)
- Free cider tasting (must be legal drinking age) and talk at 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 1st
- Bring your apples for the Citizen’s Cider Project
- Walk in our licensed orchard, kids welcome
3048 Concession Road 3, Bowmanville
905-623-9198 * braggfarms.ca
- Dig-Your-Own Potatoes (red, yellow or sweet) and stock up for the winter! (this is a paid activity, pay for what you pick!)
- Potato sack races
- Enjoy sweet potato brownies and sweet potato pie!
- Crave Doughnuts
Gallery on the Farm
1721 Regional Road #3, Enniskillen
905-263-8245 * Galleryonthefarm.com
- Learn all about grass-fed beef and rotational grazing!
- See the live rotational grazing demonstration at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Local artist on site demonstrating Wirescapes on Saturday, October 1st
- Local honey producer “From Field to Jar” demonstration
- Artisan store and gallery
- Hay equipment
Nature’s Bounty Farm
651 Scugog Line 2, Port Perry, ON
905-985-2096 * Naturesbountyfarm.com
- Guided orchard tours
- Fresh apple cider tastings
- Sample and compare apple varieties!
- Pick-Your-Own apples (this is a paid activity, pay for what you pick!)
- Corn maze
- Kid-friendly obstacle course
Ocala Winery & Orchards
971 High Point Road, Port Perry, ON
905-985-9924 * Ocalawinery.com
- Learn about wine production and the history of Ocala Winery
- Wine tasting (this is a paid activity, must be legal drinking age)
- Live music
- Jumping castle
- Wood-fire pizza available for purchase
Sargent Family Dairy
8734 Old Scugog Rd., Enniskillen
- Learn about fluid milk and cheese production – made from Sargent’s own Jersey cows!
- See the COWS! and tractors
- Cow jumping castle
- Local vendors
- Meet the farm nutritionist and learn all about how the cows are fed
- Face painting!
Tindall Farm & Market
13669 Durham Regional Rd 1, Uxbridge
416-805-6760 * tindallfarmmarket.com
- Visit the farm market
- Pick your pumpkins (this is a paid activity, pay for what you pick!)
- Pumpkin painting with local Uxbridge artist, Steph Law
Two Blokes Cider
21300 Simcoe St., Seagrave
- Enjoy a guided tour of the cider apple orchard which is primarily composed of English and French cider apples
- Tour the cidery where juice is fermented, aged, packaged and sold
Villa Vida Loca Market
13350 Highway 12, Sunderland
416-520-0249 * villavidalocamarket.com
- Take part in a wild foraged mushroom overview and cooking demonstration with Chef Alex and Julia from Wildcaught on Saturday, October 1st
- Local artist showcasing custom designed shoes on Sunday, October 2nd
- Smoke Shack, live music and entertainment at the Cauldron, Fire pit!
- Meet the free-range chickens, Meet the goats (Molly and Dolly)
Wool 4 Ewe Fibre Mill
3591 Proutt Road, Nestleton, ON
905-925-4EWE (393) * wool4ewe.ca
Fibre mill demonstrations throughout the day – see how wool is processed!
Needle felting activity (children must be assisted by an adult)
Visit the Wool 4 Ewe Store!
Notice of Photography
Photographers may be present at each of the host farms. When you attend this event you may be photographed. By participating in Gates Open you consent to be photographed and to the release, publication, exhibition or reproduction of any and all photos taken as part of the Gates Open events.
Funding provided by the Government of Ontario